The Indycar Exhibit, presented by Intercity Lines, welcomes to the National Corvette Museum Exhibit Hall a display featuring cars through the years. Below is a sampling of the display pieces.
- 1991 Michael Andretti Car, featuring an Ilmor Engine. Andretti took 2nd place in 1991 at the Indy and won the championship in this car.
- Bardahl car built by Curtis Kraft, finished 3rd in 1955.
- MidContinent Security car, driven by Don Branson, Tony Bettenhousen and Parnelli Jones in 1959, 1960 and 1962.
- Bowes Seal Fast Sponsored car, built by Quinn Epperly. Driven by AJ Foyt and Johnny Boyd in 1959, 1960 and 1962.
- Bryant Heating and Cooling Sponsored car. Driven by Bobby Marshman in 1961, 1962 and 1963. Started in 3rd place, finished in 5th place in 1962.
- Only remaining car out of three built named Kurtis Kraft 2000 car. Built by Frank Curtis and raced in 1949. Features an Offenhauser engine.
- Duntov’s Corvette SS
- Mark Donohoe’s 1972 winning car
- Smokey Yunick’s Sidecar
- Jim Rathmann’s car driven in 1963, built by Lindsey Hopkins.
- 1981 Tom Kalusner car
- 1986 Indy 500 Corvette Pace Car
- Indy 500 Winners’ Quilt (quilt is awarded each year in the Winner’s Circle to the winner of the Indy 500)
If you have a car or memorabilia that you would be willing to loan for this exhibit please contact Katie at 270-467-8846 or email Katie (at) corvettemuseum.org.
Special thanks to Ralph Kramer, former Chevrolet Public Relations Director and 2016 Corvette Hall of Fame Inductee for his efforts in locating and securing cars for this exhibit. Thanks also goes to Cara Pitchford for her efforts in organizing the exhibit cars.